Saturday, April 23, 2005

Ragged Edges: A Humble Dogma

Lord, is this post (see link below) good, or what? Readers of this blog, PLEASE, if I ever come across as anything other than the humble "pointer" to Christ, please feel free to slam me. Wasn't it Ghandi who said: "Oh, I don't reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ." Full Story here. The point of my blog is to share the joy I've found in Christ, with the hope that non-Christian readers might want that same joy, and fellow Christians might read something that sounds a note of recognition. Of course, this matter of Christ is no slight matter to believers, as we believe the issue has serious eternal repercussions, (to say the least)! That may be why it's so easy to fall in to one of two categories when sharing the Faith:
  1. Coming across so forcefully, you turn away those who would otherwise be willing to engage in thoughtful conversation, or
  2. Being so overly respectful to the non-believer, you become like those Jesus warned us to turn away from in the last days - those "having a form of godliness but denying its power." (2 Timothy 3:5)

Once again, I turn to my maker for guidance in striking this balance. Enjoy the read...

Ragged Edges: A Humble Dogma

No comments: