Monday, March 13, 2006

Happy Purim, Mr. Ahmadinejad!





My prayer today is that God would guide Mr. Ahmadinejad to the book of Esther. I confess that my initial thoughts on this issue involved a spirit of meanness. God, however, loves Iran's president as much as He loves me, and would much rather have him come to a saving knowledge of Christ than anything else. So, Mr. Ahmadinejad, on the off chance you're reading this, may I humbly tell you that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob loves you, and sent His son to atone for your sins as much as mine.
Here's a timely article on the significance of the book of Esther, and the celebration of Purim.


1 comment:

Chad K Miller said...

Tom, you have to love the book of Esther, what a great story, unless you were Haman. Great post, we must love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us. Life is a lot easier when you give grace . . . and some prayer for a radical change in their life.