Sunday, July 23, 2006

Also-laughed



I experienced a true first tonight. Despite their numerous gaffes, I've never actually laughed out loud at the comments of any politician. Even when they've made outrageous, silly, boombastic brags, I've never heard one that resulted in a spontaneous belly laugh. John Kerry, however, achieved this tonight.
According to Kerry, had he been elected, this whole middle-east thing would not have happened. Read the quote here. The setting? Some Detroit pub (?) called "Honest John's bar and grill."
Thanks Mr. Kerry. Guess I'll have to live with the remorse of contributing to this war by voting for your opponent. Would you also have used your diplomatic wiles to prevent Adam and Eve from tasting that forbidden fruit? I guess on both accounts, we'll never know. Sigh...

No comments: